Economic Development Specialist
Dairyland Power Cooperative / La Crosse, WI
Dairyland Power Cooperative, a leading generation and transmission electric cooperative headquartered in La Crosse, WI seeks an individual to work collaboratively with the Community and Economic Development team to develop and implement the Community and Economic Development Strategic Work Plan; develops and builds relationships with member-cooperatives; communities; local, regional, and state economic development organizations; and businesses in Dairyland Power Cooperative’s service area. This position supports our 12 Northwest Wisconsin distribution cooperatives.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, public relations, political science, marketing, community/economic development or related field. Advanced degree preferred. Certified Economic Developer and/or Economic Development Finance Professional certifications desired. Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in developing, marketing, leading, and directing effective strategic programs in the electric utility and/or economic development industry including economic development financing, business credit analysis, real estate development, project administration, grant writing, marketing and communications. Excellent skills and experience cultivating and nurturing relationships.
The successful candidate must reside in/relocate to Northwest Wisconsin.
Apply online at www.dairylandpower.com/careers
Dairyland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Program Analyst [Economic Development]
Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) / Washington, DC
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 420 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation.
ARC seeks a collaborative program analyst to manage Federal grants, provide technical assistance to communities and organizations to develop strategic investments, and implement initiatives in the Region. The grant portfolio primarily focuses on manufacturing sectoral development, economic development (e.g., retention & expansion and attraction), and entrepreneurial ecosystem development.
The program analyst will oversee a grant portfolio, ushering projects through the grant cycle's pre- and post- award phases. Pre-award activities include providing technical support for the development, review, and processing of funding applications. The analyst identifies proposal deficiencies and works with applicants to resolve them. Additionally, the analyst prepares approval memos and project announcements before sending them forward for management's approval. Post-award activities include checking in with recipients to ensure performance progress and sound grant management procedures. The analyst processes payment requests and closes out awards upon completion. The analyst also prepares for and assists with audits of project records and properly maintains physical and electronic project files. Additionally, the analyst works with states on required annual and four-year plans to ensure alignment with ARC investment priorities. This position reports to the Division Director of Business and Workforce Investment.
- Experience with federal grants management processes and techniques consistent with sound business and industry practices including ability to monitor, evaluate and administer assigned grants and develop specialized agreements for grants
- Experience (minimum five years) in economic development, with an emphasis on business development, manufacturing and industry cluster development, as well as an appreciation for barriers in rural areas and an ability to creatively pursue feasible solutions
- Ability to plan, facilitate, and engage diverse groups and individuals, including federal, state and local partners, resulting in the ability to advance linkages between businesses and raise awareness of economic opportunities in existing and emerging industry sectors
- Aptitude to support growth of businesses, specifically sector-specific experience in manufacturing or advanced manufacturing
- Excellent business writing skills, including reports, memos, and presentations
- Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication, and critical analysis
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment bringing an energetic and innovative approach to the work
- Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review; U.S. citizenship required
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) as conditions are determined given COVID-19
ARC offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc. This is not a federal position, however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits. ARC generally follows the General Schedule Salary Table of the Federal government. ARC’s grades denoted by “NF” are equivalent to the GS chart. The grade ranges for this position is NF 12-13. Temporary telework due to COVID-19; position is located in Washington, DC.
Equal Employment Policy
ARC is an equal employment opportunity employer and endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of ARC’s business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, he or she should contact the Director, Human Resources. If an applicant has any questions or concerns, he or she should reach out to the Director, Human Resources at 202.884.7712 or at email@example.com
Apply Online Here