Position: Program Analyst
Employer: Appalachian Regional Commission
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 420 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation. www.arc.gov
ARC seeks a Program Analyst to coordinate and manage Federal grants and provide technical assistance to communities on developing strategic investments. The portfolio of the role will be investments generally related to business, community capacity building, education, health, and workforce development. Projects are initiated by the thirteen state partners or made through a competitive process, while collaborating with federal and state administering agencies, Local Development Districts (LDDs), ARC grantees, and other community-based organizations throughout Appalachia. This position reports to the Division Director.
- Experience in community economic development, with an emphasis on rural areas and an appreciation for barriers in rural areas and an ability to creatively pursue solutions suited to low-income rural areas
- Federal grants management processes and techniques consistent with sound business and industry practices including ability to monitor, evaluate and administer assigned grants and develop specialized agreements for grants
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups and individuals, including federal, state and local partners, to advance their goals in a consultative and collaborative manner
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and bring an energetic and innovative approach to his or her work
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in a related field
- Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review
- Ability to travel (25%)
The ARC team works collaboratively with our states and development districts to strengthen the future of our communities through investments in areas such as health, entrepreneurship, coal-impacted regions, and infrastructure. ARC offers a collegial work environment, convenient location near Dupont Circle (Washington, DC), and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, retirement, paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc. This is not a federal position; however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits.
To Apply https://appalachianregionalcommission.applytojob.com/apply/p8h8xWEwGT/Program-Analyst?source=NREDA
ARC is an equal opportunity employer. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Allison Thiriez at 202.884.7712 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.